Contact the media
How to Write a Letter to the Editor
- Write down your answers to these three questions:
- What do you think the public needs to know about smoke-free (schools, workplaces, housing)?
- Why do you think smoke-free (schools, workplaces, housing) is an important issue?
- How does this affect you (or your community) directly?
- Add the specific action you believe the community and/or elected officials must take.
- Sign and send in your letter.
Samples Letters to the Editor
- Smoke Free Schools: Sample
- Smoke Free Work Places: Sample 1, Sample 2
- Smoke Free Housing: Sample
- Smoke Free Movies: Sample